Even losing one tooth can be devastating, especially if it’s visible to other people. Age, accidents, and gum disease can all contribute to losing teeth. In fact, nearly 30% of adults have lost all or at least one quarter of their teeth, requiring significant restoration, such as dentures, bridges, or dental implants.
Dental implants are titanium screws that replace the root of the tooth. A porcelain crown is permanently affixed to the implant, for a natural-looking tooth. They’re a superior choice for tooth replacement for several reasons:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth.
- Improved speech. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Easier eating. Dental implants allow you to eat your favorite foods with confidence
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Durability. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience. Dental implants eliminate the inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Dr. Nancy Tobin recommends dental implants in Garden City whenever possible for tooth replacement. Implants can help prevent the bone deterioration that results from the removal of the tooth’s root, and are superior to dentures for your overall dental health. Once an implant specialist has completed your implant procedure, Dr. Tobin will create beautiful porcelain crowns that are permanently attached to the implant. They will be as attractive as your original teeth, if not more so.
If you have lost one, several, or even all of your teeth, call Dr. Nancy Tobin at Tobin Dental Care in Garden City. She will evaluate your dental health and the condition of the bones that support the teeth and discuss what options for tooth replacement, including dental implants, are best for you.